Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Google's April Fool

I am happy to tell that even I was made an April fool today, although I was particularly cautious and not by my peers, but by my juniors.. That was a great trick put up by Neerav and Sid who are the core designers working on Reminisce magazine. :)

Now, it's also the day when google plays april fool with the world. Last year I think it was orkut changed to Yogurt, and gmail custom day and time.. and till now what I have witnessed is Youtube videos being turned upside down, and CADIE. Well I can't explain what CADIE is here.. coz I am already quite flooded by the description they have posted about it, leave apart it's full form. But this was easy to determine as the post were timestamped 31st March 11:59:59

Google's CADIE(an entity) also announces launch of Google Chrome 3D (announcement timestamped 1stApril 12:01AM).
Nice ideas, must say.. something like this if really happens would be great.. A triumph of the goog-nerds.

3 comments:

Ankur said...

Jabbbhhhi juniors ;).. You forgot to mention it...

Unknown said...

The joke might not be one and there is a chance what people are witnessing on the blog might prove to be prophetic words by google. 3D web is an inevitability and even today there are sights existing on the web which can be viewed using red blue glasses.

I have been crazy about stereoscopy since class XI. As far as I know, 3D browser and i mean a real 3D browser (not space time http://www.spacetime.com )
requiring you to wear glasses is meaningless since it actually the websites which will need to be created in 3D. And such sites already exist. example
http://www.swell3d.com

PS: Although the post was about april fool's day, i just got carried away as soon as i saw the word stereoscopy on the link u mentioned. I didnt even read the entry and my comment might be irrelevant. :P

Anubhav Agarwal said...

what google is aiming at, is to make Chrome 3D. By this, they mean if you click the button(showing red and blue specks) then the website will be converted such that it has a 3D appearance, but if you don't then it would look just like a normal page.

I don't think it would be much useful apart from enhancing user experience or for fun activity.

A real 3D browser, can really make things better, but for that the sites also need to support it, and this would take years in transition.